Dj Dirrty's Music Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dj Dirrty's Music Forum

The newest place on the net for DJ's & Music Lovers to meet and share.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music Review: Swizz Beatz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin A.K.A the House DJ
Admin A.K.A the House DJ
Admin

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2006-12-15

Music Review: Swizz Beatz Empty
PostSubject: Music Review: Swizz Beatz   Music Review: Swizz Beatz Icon_minitime20th August 2007, 7:14 pm

08/20/2007 1:48 PM, AP
Brett Johnson

Swizz Beatz "One Man Band Man" (Universal/Motown)
After creating many hits for others (including DMX, Eve and Beyonce), production whiz Swizz Beatz has grabbed the mike as well as the beatmaking duties for his second solo disc, "One Man Band Man." The approach works but not because Swizz has an untapped talent for rapping. On "It's Me (Snitches)" he rhymes over a siren shriek: "Ring the alarm, man/ call me the Sandman/ when I drop beats, I'm the One Man Band Man." His vocals — as elementary as they seem — just allow listeners to better focus on his quirky tracks.
The best songs here, of which "It's Me (Snitches)" is one, rely on cascading video game-like sound effects, bold synthesizer chords and boisterous chanting. "Money In the Bank," a track built around a helium-pitch vocal chorus ("I ain't trying to save that girl"), is a rugged dismissal of groupie culture. And "You Know Your Boy Did That" features what sounds like a buzzing, electric kazoo, subtle percussion and Swizz's cocky rhymes: "Now I'm 96 million sold, ain't that right?"
When he attempts to get deep ("The Funeral") or particularly nostalgic ("Part of the Plan" featuring Coldplay's Chris Martin), it's apparent that he's out of his lyrical depth. Swizz has to learn that he doesn't need to show his sensitive side, just merely embrace his expert talent in quaking the club. There's nothing shameful about that.
CHECK OUT THIS TRACK: The remix of "It's Me (Snitches)" features R. Kelly, Jadakiss and more top-flight wordplay from Lil Wayne who dabbles in Jamaican patois and French: "Voulez vous voucher (sic) avec moi, (snitches)."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/djdirrtygus

Music Review: Swizz Beatz
Page 1 of 1